Arizona TV Station Update - August 2022
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KDPH-LD 48.x (13) Phoenix (Word of God Fellowship Inc.) has requested a license to cover its construction permit to switch from a directional signal to a non-directional signal. Technical specifications: Ch 13; TL 33° 20' 4" N, 112° 3' 44" W (South Mtn.); ERP 3 kW (HP); HAAT 473 m (1551 ft).
- K32ME-D 3.x Camp Verde (Verde Valley TV Club) requested and has been granted a license to cover its flash cut to digital. Technical specifications: Ch 32; TL 34° 28' 12" N, 111' 52' W (Squaw Peak); ERP 0.122 kW HP; HAAT 684 m. (2244 ft.)
- KTVK 3.x (24) Phoenix (Gray Television Licensee LLC) has dropped MPEG4 channel 3.6 from its lineup.
- KDVD-LD 50.x (25) Globe (Globe LPTV LLC) has replaced the static graphic on channel 50.3 with a blue screen.
- K30MM-D 31.x Gila River Indian Co (Globe LPTV LLC) has added infomercials on channel 31.6 and channel 31.7 is now a blue screen.
- KLAS-TV 8.x (7) Las Vegas NV (KLAS Inc.), as host station for ATSC 1.0 programming from KVCW 33.x (29) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee LLC), has replaced Comet TV with Stadium. The change is seen on the follwoing translator stations:
- K31BI-D Kingman (Mohave County Board of Supervisors)
- K22DR-D Laughlin NV (KLAS Inc.)
- The following KUTV translators viewable in Arizona have added Charge! to their lineups and dropped DABL following affiliation changes at parent station KUTV and KUTV's guest station KJZZ-TV:
- K31KS-D LeChee (Big Water Municipal Corporation)
- K10RP-D Santa Clara UT (KUTV Licensee LLC)
- K26NY-D Kanab UT (Western Kane County Services District #1)
- The following KTVX-TV translators viewable in Arizona have added DABL to their lineups following affiliation changes KJZZ-TV, hosted by KTVX:
- K09SJ-D Hildale UT (Nexstar Broadcasting Inc.)
- K23NY-D St. George UT (Nexstar Broadcasting Inc.)
- K28EA-D Washington UT (Nexstar Broadcasting Inc.)
- K32DC-D Kanab UT (Western Kane County Services District #1)
Construction Permits and STAs Granted
- KMCC 34.x (32) Laughlin NV (Ion Television License LLC) has been granted a modification to its license to relocate the transmitting antenna of its Henderson NV (DTS2) location from Black Mtn. to the studios of KTNV, to decrease height above terrain and to increase power. Technical specifications: Ch 32; TL 36° 7' 45" N, 115° 11' 28" W (KTNV Studios); ERP 12.5 kW DA HP 1.5° EBT; HAAT 65 m (213 ft).
- KVCW 33.x (29) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee LLC) requested and has been granted a modification to its STA that allows it to broadcast its ATSC 1.0 programming on other stations. On September 1, KVCW replaced Comet TV with Stadium and needs to modify its STA to reflect the change.
Construction Permits and STAs Requested
- K35OU-D 21.x Tucson (Ventana Television Inc.) has requested a Legal STA to allow it to submit claims for repack reimbursement until November 7, 2022. Ventana has work scheduled on the station that would be eligible for reimbursement, but the vendor is not able to perform the work until after the deadline to submit expenses and documentation for reimbursement.
- K42IQ-D (K21ON-D) 42.x Flagstaff (Edge Spectrum Inc.) has requested a Legal STA to allow it to submit claims for repack reimbursement until January 17, 2023. Edge Spectrum claims to have been plagued by numerous supply and permitting delays beyond its control, and has not been able to schedule the installation of the station's equipment, as it is still waiting on permits.
- K42IQ-D (K21ON-D) 42.x Flagstaff (Edge Spectrum Inc.) has requested tolling of the station's construction permit, due to buildout delays beyond its control. Edge Spectrum has not been able to schedule the installation of the station's equipment, as it is still waiting on permits.
- K42IQ-D (K21ON-D) 42.x Flagstaff (Edge Spectrum Inc.) has requested an extension of its Silence STA and waiver of Sec. 312(g) which declares a station's license to be canceled if the station fails to broadcast within a 12-month period.
Expired, Expiring, Canceled and Dismissed
- The construction permit for K03ID-D (One Ministries Inc.) has been canceled. The permittee had challenged the FCC's dismissal of its application to move from Mormon Mtn. to Mingus Mtn. and on July 22, was given one last opportunity to request facilities that would improve its signal without moving more than 30 miles. Unable to come up with a proposal, the permittee requested cancellation instead.
- The following television licenses have been renewed through October 1, 2030:
- KMOH-TV 6.x (19) Kingman (TV-49 Inc.)
- KTVK 3.x (24) Phoenix (Gray Television Licensee LLC)
- K11LC-D 3.x Prescott (Gray Television Licensee LLC)
- K14NA-D 3.x Globe & Miami (Gray Television Licensee LLC)
- K15HY-D 3.x Williams-Ash Fork (Gray Television Licensee LLC)
- K25MG-D 3.x Flagstaff (Gray Television Licensee LLC)
- K28OA-D 3.x Cottonwood (Gray Television Licensee LLC)
- K33IY-D 9.x LeChee (University of Utah)
- KBLR 39.x (20) Paradise NV (Telemundo Las Vegas License LLC)
- KTNV-TV 13.x Las Vegas NV (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
- K16II-D 7.x Hildale UT (University of Utah)
- K20NW-D 13.x Laughlin NV (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
- K30OL-D 9.x Washington UT (University of Utah)
- K34OV-D 14.x Washington UT (University of Utah)
- Larry Hunt, owner of KGNG-LD Las Vegas NV, has filed a Petition to Deny against the license renewal of KVTE-LD, claiming that KVTE has not broadcast a signal in several years, and that the owners of KVTE have willfully misrepresented the on-air status of the station seven times in the past four years, saying that the station was on-air, when, in fact, it was not. Hunt argues that the willful misrepresentations display a lack of candor in KVTE owners' dealings with the FCC and that the station's license should be canceled. Hunt claims standing because KGNG is being displaced by KTNV and would prefer a UHF channel over a VHF, and that KVTE's long-term non-operational status means a UHF channel is being unnecessarily reserved.
AGL - above ground level CP - circular polarization DA - directional antenna EBT - electronic beam tilt EP - elliptical polarization HAAT - height above average terrain HP - horizontal polarization MBT - mechanical beam tilt STA - Special Temporary Authority TL - transmitter location