Arizona TV Station Update - September 2021
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KPCE-LD 29.x Tucson (Word of God Fellowship Inc.) has requested a license to cover its flash cut to digital. Technical specifications: Ch 29; TL 32° 15' 56" N, 111° 7' 0" W (Tucson Mtns.); ERP 15 kW DA CP; HAAT 611 m (2004 ft).
- KVCW 33.x (29) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee LLC) requested and has been granted a license to cover its conversion to a Distributed Transmission System (DTS). Transmission site 1 is the original transmission site; transmission site 2 provides fill-in coverage in areas blocked by the high-rise hotels on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Technical specifications: Ch 29
- Site 1: TL 36° 0' 27" N, 115° 0' 27" W (Black Mtn.); ERP 1000 kW DA HP 0.8° EBT; HAAT 383 m (1256 ft)
- Site 2: TL 36° 7' 45" N, 115° 11' 28" W (KTNV studios); ERP 11.22 kW DA EP 5.5° EBT; HAAT 43 m (141 ft).
- Technical specifications: Ch 29
- KBLR 39.x (20) Paradise NV (Telemundo Las Vegas License LLC) requested and has been granted a license to cover its construction permit to build an auxiliary broadcast facility. Technical specifications: Ch 20; TL 36° 0' 34" N, 115° 0' 23" W (Black Mtn. main site); ERP 239 kW (DA HP 0.75° EP); HAAT 333 m (1093 ft).
- KAZT-TV 7.x Prescott (KAZT LLC) has expanded programming on channel 7.5. Nothing is listed on its electronic program guide, but the programming is no longer just reruns of AZ Daily Mix. The same programming is seen in Phoenix on KAZT-CD 7.x (36).
- KGUN-TV 9.x Tucson (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC) had added channel 9.6, airing Newsy. It can also be seen on translator K27OP-D 9.x Oro Valley/Tucson.
- KMSB 11.x (25) Tucson (Sander Operating Co V LLC) has added channel 11.5, airing ShopLC.
- KPNX 12.x (18) Mesa (Multimedia Holdings Corporation) has replaced AccuWeather with ShopLC on channel 12.2.
- KTTU 18.x (19) Tucson (KTTU-TV Inc) has added channel 18.5, airing The Grio. There is no channel 18.4.
- KTVW-DT 33.x Phoenix (KTVW License Partnership GP) has added channel 33.5, airing Digi-TV. It can also be seen on translator KDOS-LD 29.x (19) Globe/Miami.
- KUVE-DT 46.x (34) Green Valley (Univision Tucson LLC) has added channel 46.5, airing Digi-TV. It can also be seen on translator KUVE-CD 42.x (36) Tucson.
- KPPX-TV 51.x (31) Tolleson (Inyo Broadcast Licenses LLC) has replaced Laff with Newsy on channel 51.4.
- KTVP-LD 23.x Phoenix (HC2 LPTV Holdings Inc.) has returned to air after a few months' absence. beIN Sports Extra ñ continues to air on channel 23.1, SBN on 23.2, ShopLC on 23.3, new network Novelisima on 23.4, beIN Sports Xtra on 23.5 with children's programming from Dragonfly TV, and new subchannel 23.6 with Classic Reruns TV.
- KEJR-LD 40.x (32) Phoenix (TV-49 Inc.) has added channel 40.2 with MeTV+ programming.
- KLAS-TV 8.x (7) Las Vegas NV (Nexstar Broadcasting Inc.) will be replacing Ion Television with Rewind TV on channel 8.4 November 1. It will also be seen in Arizona on translators K31BI-D Kingman and K22DR-D Laughlin NV.
- KMCC 34.x (32) Lauglin NV (Ion Television License LLC) is planning to replace ShopLC on channel 34.7 with Newsy.
- KTVX 4.x (30) Salt Lake City UT (Nexstar Media Inc.) replaced Laff with Rewind TV on channel 4.3. Translators K23NY-D St. George UT, K28EA-D Washington UT, K09SU-D Hildale UT and K32DC-D Kanab UT broadcast KTVX into Arizona.
- XHILA-TDT 66.x (20) Mexicali BCN (Luis Arnoldo Cabada) has dropped Canal Catorce from channel 66.2, has moved the delayed broadcast of its primary programming from channel 66.3 to channel 66.2, has moved Milenio programming from channel 66.4 to channel 66.3 and has added children's programming from Once TV to channel 66.4 under the brand 11 Kids. The same programming is broadcast on K33MD-D Yuma.
- KYMA-DT 13.x Yuma (Blackhawk Broadcasting LLC) is part of a proposed pro forma transfer of control from Apollo Global Management Inc. to Tango Holdings Inc., as a result of corporate restructuring.
- K30QT-D Parker (Landover 2 LLC) has consummated its assignment of construction permit to Lowcountry 34 Media.
Construction Permits and Special Temporary Authorizations Granted
- KGRX-LD 29.x (19) Gila River Indian Community (Gila River Telecommunications Inc.) has been granted a modification to its license to convert to NextGen format without ATSC 1.0 simulcast.
- KGRY-LD 29.x (28) Gila River Indian Community (Gila River Telecommunications Inc.) has been granted a modification to its license to convert to NextGen format without ATSC 1.0 simulcast.
- K40NW-D Yuma (Hispanic Family Christian Network Inc.) has been granted an extension of its initial construction permit, to January 10, 2022.
- KVTE-LD 35.x Las Vegas NV (Mountain Ridge Holdings Inc.) has been granted Silence STA.
- K30PL-D 41.x Las Vegas NV (Craig A Ruark LLC) has been granted a construction permit to move to a tower on Arden Peak after losing its lease on its former tower. Technical specifications: Ch 30; TL 35° 56' 46" N, 115° 2' 37" W (Arden Peak); ERP 15 kW DA HP 0.5° EBT; HAAT 551 m (1807 ft).
Construction Permits and Special Temporary Authorizations Requested
- KAZT-CD 7.x (36) Phoenix (KAZT LLC) has requested a modification to its construction permit, raising the radiation center. Technical specifications: Ch 36; TL 33° 20' 2" N, 112° 3' 43" W (South Mountain); ERP 15 kW ND EP 1.5° EBT; HAAT 491 m (1610 ft).
- KEGS-LD 30.x (24) Las Vegas NV (HC2 LPTV Holdings Inc.) has requested a displacement construction permit to broadcast on RF channel 8. The station was displaced by KVVU-TV's request to move to RF channel 24. Technical specifications: Ch 8; TL 35° 56' 46" N, 115° 2' 37" W (Arden Peak); ERP 3 kW (DA HP); HAAT 549 m (1801 ft).
Expired, Expiring, Canceled and Dismissed
- The FCC has dismissed the request of KASW 61.x (27) Phoenix (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC) for an extension of its STA to broadcast only its primary signal in NextGen format.
- The FCC has canceled Landover 2 LLC construction permits and has dismissed requests to extend the construction permits until January 2022 for the following stations:
- K23MW-D Parker
- K34QH-D Wellton
- K35OW-D Parker
- K41NV-D Parker
- The FCC has canceled the construction permit of K33MB-D Laughlin NV (Entravision Holdings LLC). The station was supposed to be a fill-in translator for KMCC to serve Bullhead City AZ and Laughlin NV. The station was not included in the transaction when Entravision sold KMCC to Scripps.
Next Generation TV (ATSC 3.0)
- KGRX-LD 29.x (19) Gila River Indian Community (Gila River Telecommunications Inc.) has transitioned to NextGen broadcasting, airing BYU TV as its required free service and subscription TV from Evoca.
- KGRY-LD 29.x (28) Gila River Indian Community (Gila River Telecommunications Inc.) has transitioned to NextGen broadcasting, airing BYU TV as its required free service and subscription TV from Evoca.
- KPPX-TV 51.x (31) Tolleson (Inyo Broadcast Licenses LLC) has notified the FCC of a change in local studio location. New location is now in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- AGL - above ground level
- CP - circular polarization
- D - directional
- EBT - electronic beam tilt
- EP - elliptical polarization
- HAAT - height above average terrain
- HP - horizontal polarization
- MBT - mechanical beam tilt
- TL - transmitter location