Arizona TV Station Update - April 2020
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KPVM-LD 25.x Pahrump NV (KPVM Television Inc.) requested and has been granted a license to cover its construction permit to move to the Las Vegas area. Technical specifications: Ch 25; TL 35° 56' 46" N, 115° 2' 37" W (Black Mtn. Arden Peak); ERP 15 kW directional (1° electrical beam tilt); HAAT 568 m.
- KTAZ 39.x (29) Phoenix (NBC Telemundo License LLC) has added channel 39.4, identifying as Lx, the new NBC/Telemundo news channel aimed at Millenials. It has not yet begun airing programming.
- KHRR 40.x (16) Phoenix (NBC Telemundo License LLC) has added channel 40.3, identifying as Lx. It has not yet begun airing programming.
- KFPB-LD 50.x (25) Gkibe (Globe LPTV LLC) is no longer airing TeleVida Abundante (TVA) on channel 50.8, although the PSIP still shows TVA on that subchannel.
- KMCC 34.x (32) Laughlin NV (Ion Television License LLC) has gone to the standard Ion lineup of Ion/qubo/Ion Plus/Shop TV/QVC/HSN, with the exceptions that Ion Plus is channel 34.1, Ion is 34.3 and QVC is missing, although channel 34.5 is blank (QVC's standard position in the lineup). Action TV no longer airs on KMCC, while Ion is now duplicated with KLAS 8.4.
- KBLR 39.x (20) Paradise NV (Telemundo Las Vegas License LLC) has added channel 39.3, identifying as Lx. It has not yet begun airing programming.
Construction Permits and Special Temporary Authorizations (STAs) Granted
- KGRQ-LD 29.x (21) Gila River Indian Community (Gila River Telecommunications Inc.) has been granted an extension of its STA to operate at lower power. The STA now expires October 13.
Construction Permits and STAs Requested
- K19CX Yuma (Arizona Board of Regents FBO ASU) has requested a construction permit to move to the next adjacent tower, about 100' away, and to flash cut to digital operations. Technical specifications: Ch 19; TL 32° 40' 12" N, 114° 20' 8" W (Telegraph Pass); ERP 1.8 kW directional; HAAT 352 m.
- KVCW 33.x (29) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee LLC) has requested an STA to broadcast its ATSC 1.0 format programming on other stations so that it can convert to ATSC 3.0 and meet simulcasting requirements. KVCW's ATSC 1.0 broadcast streams will be dispersed as follows, with each station keeping its current virtual channel:
- CW programming on channel 33.1 will move to KTNV-TV 13.x Las Vegas, per agreement with Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC
- MyNetwork programming on channel 33.2 will move to co-owned KSNV 3.x (22) Las Vegas
- TBD, This TV and Comet TV programming on channels 33.3, 33.4 and 33.5, respectively, will move to KLAS-TV 8.x (7) Las Vegas, per agreement with Nexstar Broadcasting Inc.
NextGen TV (ATSC 3.0)
- KVCW 33.x (29) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee LLC) has requested modification of its license to operate as a NextGen station. In addition to its own programming, KVCW proposes to host the primary streams of stations KLAS-TV 8.x, KSNW 3.x and KTNV-TV 13.x in NextGen format.
- KLAS-TV 8.x (7) Las Vegas NV (Nexstar Braoadcasting Inc.) has requested modification of its license to permit it to operate a NextGen broadcast, to be hosted by KVCW.
- KSNV 3.x (22) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee LLC) has requested modification of its license to permit it to operate a NextGen broadcast, to be hosted by KVCW.
- KTNV-TV 13.x Las Vegas NV (Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC) has requested modification of its license to permit it to operate a NextGen broadcast, to be hosted by KVCW.