Arizona TV Station Update - July 2012
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- K28CW Flagstaff (Fox Television Stations, Inc.) requested and was granted a license to cover construction of its digital facilities with its original parameters. The application for license to cover was filed before the FCC approved a modification to the permit, increasing power. Technical specifications: Ch 28; TL 35-14-26 N, 111-35-48 W (Mt. Elden); ERP 0.2 kW directional; HAAT 584 m.
- K28CW Flagstaff (Fox Television Stations, Inc.) has requested a license to cover construction of its digital facilities with its modified parameters. Technical specifications: Ch 28; TL 35-14-26 N, 111-35-48 W (Mt. Elden); ERP 1.0 kW directional; HAAT 584 m.
- KMOH-TV 6.1 Kingman and KEJR-LD 40.1 Phoenix (Hero Licenseco, LLC) flipped programming from Tr3s to MundoFox on 8/1. It is broadcasting in 720p HD, as required in the affiliation agreement. KEJR 40.2 continues to air infomercials. Although the affiliation agreement was to go into effect on September 15, the effective date could be changed by agreement of both parties. Hero Licenseco has also launched a new website, kejr40.com (no website branded as KMOH, though). The local station information webpage indicates that KMOH also plans to launch six more subchannels.
- KFPB-LD 50.6 Globe (Globe LPTV LLC) has launched Balance TV.
- KMCC1-LD 32.1 Laughlin NV (Cranston Acquisition LLC) flipped programming from VasalloVision to MundoFox on 8/1. There is no indication if the main transmitter in Dolan Springs is broadcasting anything other than the satellite search pattern.
- K51IO Bullhead City (Digital Networks - Southwest) has consummated the license transfer from MMTC to Luken Communications.
- KUWB-LD 22 Bloomington UT and K48JD-D Santa Clara UT (High Plains Broadcasting License Company LLC) have been included in the proposed sale of KUCW Ogden UT from High Plains to Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.
Construction permits and Special Temporary Authorizations granted
- K28CW Flagstaff (Fox Television Stations, Inc.) has been granted a modification to its construction permit, allowing it to raise its ERP from 0.2 kW to 1 kW. All other parameters remain the same. Technical specifications: Ch 28; TL 35-14-26 N, 111-35-48 W (Mt. Elden); ERP 1 kW directional; HAAT 584 m.
- KYUM-LP 2 Yuma (Centro Cristiano Vida Abundante, Inc.) was granted Special Temporary Authorization to modify the old construction permit to operate in digital with reduced ERP. Technical specifications: Ch 15; TL 32-40-22 N, 114-20-11 W (Telegraph Pass); ERP 1.8 kW directional; HAAT 384 m.
Applications and Special Temporary Authorizations requested
- K55DB Prescott (Arizona Board of Regents for ASU) has requested an STA to operate digital facilities on channel 43, employing a temporary antenna putting out half the power specified in its construction permit for station K43LW-D.
Dismissed, canceled, expiring or expired
- The FCC has canceled the license of KWTA-LP 31 Tucson (Venture Technologies Group, LLC) for failure to broadcast within a twelve-month period.