Arizona TV Station Update - December 2020
2020 was a difficult year, filled with tragedy and sorrow. I am not sorry to see it go. Here's wishing everyone a blessed and prosperous 2021!
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- K11XU-D El Centro CA (NPG of Yuma-El Centro LLC) requested and has been granted a license to cover its original construction permit. Technical specifications: Ch 11; TL 33° 3' 18" N, 114° 49' 42" W (Black Mtn.); ERP 3 kW non-directional; HAAT 493 m (1617 ft).
Call Sign Changes
- K19JT-D Gila River Indian Community (Gila River Telecommunications Inc.) has changed its call sign to KGRX-LD. The station has not been licensed, nor is it broadcasting yet.
- KSAZ-TV 10.x Phoenix (NW Communications of Phoenix Inc.) has changed programming on channel 10.4 to a barker channel for The Grio, set to begin broadcasting on January 15.
- KFPB-LD 50.x (25) Phoenix (Globe LPTV LLC) has replaced infomercials on channel 50.5 with Golden Eagle Broadcasting (GEB TV), a simulcast of KGEB 53.1 Tulsa OK. GEB TV is inspirational and lifestyle programming produced by Oral Roberts University.
- KVPA-LD 42.x (34) Phoenix (KRCA License LLC D-I-P) has added a new subchannel on channel 34.2, a barker channel for the Estrella TV network and concludes each loop with its station ID, although it misidentifies itself as channel 41.2 (should be 42.2).
- K14RK-D 38.x Phoenix (Spanish Independent Broadcast Network Inc.) has dropped AMG TV from channel 38.4, replacing it with Store TV, which also airs on channel 38.5.
- KINC 15.x (16) Las Vegas (Entravision Holdings LLC) has removed channel 15.3 from its lineup, dropping programming from Stadium.
- Searchlight III UTD LP, ForgeLight (United) Investors LLC and Liberty Global Incorporated Limited have been granted by the FCC their request to acquire the stake in Univision Holdings Inc. held by Madison Dearborn Partners, Providence Equity Partners, Glade Brook Capital Partners, TPG, Thomas H. Lee Partners and Saban Capital Group. Arizona stations owned by Univision include:
- KTVW-DT 33.x Phoenix
- KUVE-DT 46.x (34) Green Valley
- KFPH-DT 13.x Flagstaff
- KFTU-DT 3.x (36) Douglas
- KFPH-CD 35.x Phoenix
- KFTU-CD 34.x (18) Tucson
- KUVE-CD 42.x (36) Tucson
- KTVW-CD 6.x (27) Flagstaff/Doney Park
- KDOS-LD 19.x Globe
- KZOL-LP 34 Safford
- K18NN-D Globe
- K21GC Safford
- KPPX-TV 51.x (31) Tolleson (Ion Television License LLC) has been granted an assignment of license to Inyo Broadcast Licenses LLC. The sale has been consummated. KPPX-TV will continue to be an Ion affiliate for a minimum of 7 years, with an option to renew up to two additional 2-year affiliate contracts at Inyo's sole discretion.
- KMOH-TV 6.x (19) Kingman and KEJR-LD 40.x (32) Phoenix (HC2 Station Group Inc.) have been granted an assignment of license to TV-49 Inc., the licensee of Weigel Broadcasting Co. The sale has not yet been consummated.
- KMSQ-LD 15.x Mesquite NV (Tiny Tortoise Investments LLC) has requested to be assigned to First Kings Broadcasting Inc., a Mesquite-based corporation headed by Mark C. Nolte. Nolte is also General Manager of Mountain Ridge Holdings Inc., the licensee of KVTE-LD in Las Vegas NV. The assingment is pending FCC approval.
Construction Permits and Special Temporary Authorizations (STAs) Granted
- KSAZ-TV 10.x Phoenix (NW Communications of Phoenix Inc.) requested and has been granted a construction permit to increase power on its auxiliary transmitter from 20 kW to 38.4 kw.
- KPDF-CD 41.x (22) Phoenix (HC2 Station Group Inc.) has been granted a construction permit to move to a different tower in its current antenna farm and to maximize power from its authorized 12.6 kW H. Technical specifications: Ch 22; TL 33° 20' 4" N, 112° 3' 44" W (South Mtn.); ERP 15 kW H / 15 kW V, non-directional, 1.75° elec beam tilt; HAAT 472 m (1548 ft).
- KHDF-CD 19.x Las Vegas NV (HC2 Station Group Inc.) has been granted a construction permit to move to a different tower in its current antenna farm, to change from horizontal polarization to circular and to maximze power from its authorized 7.5 kW H. Technical specifications: Ch 19; TL 36° 0' 36" N, 115° 0' 23" W (Black Mtn.); ERP 15 kW H / 15 kW V, directional, 0.25° elec beam tilt; HAAT 354 m (1161 ft).
- KNBX-CD 31.x (14) Las Vegas NV (HC2 LPTV Holdings Inc.) has been granted a construction permit to change from a directional antenna to omnidirectional. Technical specifications: Ch 14; TL 35° 56' 46" N, 115° 2' 37" W (Arden Pk); ERP 15 kW H, non-directional; HAAT 550 m (1804 ft).
- K36NE-D 43.x Las Vegas NV (HC2 Station Group Inc.) has been granted a construction permit to move to a different tower in its current antenna farm and to change from elliptical polarization to circular. Technical specifications: Ch 36; TL 36° 0' 36" N, 115° 0' 23" W (Black Mtn.); ERP 15 kW H / 15 kW V, directional; HAAT 354 m (1161 ft).
- K39JZ-D 11.x St. George UT (Brigham Young University) has been granted a modification to its displacement construction permit, allowing it to move to a different tower and to reduce power. Its call sign will be K14RO-D when licensed. Technical specifications: Ch 14; TL 37° 3' 49" N, 113° 34' 20" W (Webb Hill); ERP 0.25 kW H, directional, 1.75° elec beam tilt; HAAT 70 m (230 ft).
Construction Permits and Special Temporary Authorizations (STAs) Requested
- KEJR-LD 40.x (32) Phoenix (TV-49 Inc.) has requested a modification to its license to move the antenna higher on its tower, to change from a directional broadcast pattern to non-directional, and to change from circular polarization to elliptical. Technical specifications: Ch 32; TL 33° 19' 57" N, 112° 3' 59" W (South Mtn.); ERP 15 kW H / 10.5 kW V, non-directional, 1° elec beam tilt; HAAT 483 m (1584 ft).
- K17JQ St. George UT (Edge Spectrum Inc.) has filed an amendment to its STA stating that it agrees to accept all predicted incoming interference.
- KVCW 33.x (29) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee LLC) has requested an extension of its Legal STA outlining its NextGen conversion plans.