Arizona TV Station Update - August 2019
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KVOA 4.x (23) Tucson (KVOA License LLC) has been spotted testing two new subchannels, 4.4 and 4.5. Channel 4.4 has been announced as the Tucson affiliate of the DABL lifestyle network, which launches September 9. It is unknown whether channel 4.5 will actually debut, and if so, what programming it will carry. The new subchannels will also appear on its translators.
- KPHO-TV 5.x (17) Phoenix (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation) has been announced as the Phoenix affiliate of the DABL lifestyle network that launches September 9. DABL is expected to air on channel 5.3 and will also appear on KPHO's translators.
- KSAZ-TV 10.x Phoenix (NW Communications of Phoenix Inc.) has been announced as the new Phoenix affiliate of Decades, scheduled to begin on channel 10.5 sometime in the third quarter, which ends September 30. The new subchannel will also appear on its translators. Decades previously aired on KASW channel 61.2.
- KOLD-TV 13.x (32/13) Tucson (Gray Television Licensee LLC) has added Ion Television to channel 13.4.
- KPAZ-TV 21.x (20) Phoenix (Trinity Broadcasting of Arizona Inc.) has upgraded its TBN and Hillsong Channel feeds on channels 21.1 and 21.2 from 480i to 720p. The TBN simulcast on channel 21.5 remains in 480i.
- KHRR 40.x (16) Tucson (NBC Telemundo License LLC) has dropped Ion Television from channel 40.3, replacing it with a notice instructing Tucson viewers to call Ion.
- K20FO 4.x (28) Sierra Vista (KVOA License LLC) has lit up its digital signal on channel 28, bringing KVOA's three (soon to be four or five) subchannels to Sierra Vista and the San Pedro Valley. When licensed, the station will have the call sign K28OY-D.
- KVVU-TV 5.x (9) Henderson NV (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation) has been announced as the Las Vegas affiliate of the DABL lifestyle network that launches September 9. DABL is expected to air on channel 5.4 and will also appear on KVVU's translators.
Construction Permits and Special Temporary Authority Requested
- K28OY-D 4.x Sierra Vista (KVOA License LLC) has requested a modification to its digital transition construction permit to correct antenna specs and to reflect that the antenna was installed 1.2 meters lower than specified in the original permit. Technical specifications: Ch 28; TL 31° 28' 54" N, 109° 57' 35" W (Juniper Flats); ERP 15 kW directional (1° electrical beam tilt); HAAT 657 m.