Arizona TV Station Update - May 2017
Better late than never, I guess...
Questions, additions, comments and corrections are always welcome.
- KTVW-DT 33.x Phoenix (KTVW License Partership, G.P.) has requested a license to cover its permit to construct digital auxiliary facilities. Technical specifications: Ch 33; TL 33° 20' 0" N, 112° 3' 49" W (South Mtn.); ERP 470 kW directional (1.5° electrical degree tilt); HAAT 510 m.
- K14KK-D 8.x Flagstaff (Arizona Board of Regents for ASU) has requested a license to cover its construction permit to increase power. Technical specifications: Ch 14; TL 35° 14' 26" N, 111° 35' 48" W (Mt. Elden); ERP 0.63 kW directional; HAAT 606 m.
- K38IZ-D Phoenix (Spanish Independent Broadcast Networks) has replaced This TV on channel 38.5 with The Action Channel, Luken's action replacement for Tuff TV.
- KFPB-LD 50.x Phoenix (Globe LPTV LLC) has dropped Comet TV from channel 50.3 and Video Zona from channel 50.5, and has picked up This TV, first placing it on channel 50.5, then moving it to channel 50.3, and placing infomercials on channel 50.5.
- K21GE Camp Verde (The Camp Verde Television Club) is silent.
- K25MK-D Camp Verde (The Camp Verde Television Club) has resumed its rebroadcast of KPNX 12.1 Mesa. Although its call sign suggests a digital station, it is still an analog broadcast.
- K31LZ Camp Verde (The Camp Verde Television Club) has resumed its rebroadcast of KNXV-TV 15.1 Phoenix.
- KHMP-LD 18.x Las Vegas NV (DNV Spectrum Holdings LLC) has added local programming on channel 18.8 under the brand 702.TV.
- KHDF-CD 19.x Las Vegas NV (Northstar Las Vegas License LLC) has moved its SD Azteca America simulcast from channel 19.3 to channel 19.2, switching spots with the "For Lease" graphic.
- K42IQ-D Flagstaff (EICB-TV East, LLC), along with several other low power stations, has been granted permission to be sold to The Edge Spectrum, Inc. The application for the sale had been filed in April 2017. The sale has been consummated.
- Liberman Broadcasting Inc. (LBI), the ultimate holder of the license for KVPA-LD 42.x Phoenix (KRCA License LLC), has filed two amendments to its application for a pro forma restructuring. In its instructions to stations with winning bids, the FCC states that in order "to safeguard the integrity of the incentive auction process and reduce the risk of error or fraud, a transaction involving a station with a winning bid may not be consummated until after the U.S. Treasury has disbursed the station's incentive auction payment." Due to time-sensitive financial instruments involved in the proposed transfer of control, LBI is requesting a waiver of that policy on the basis that there is no material change in ownership and no change in the bank account to which the FCC's incentive auction payment to flagship station KRCA is to be paid, so there is no risk of error or fraud.
- K17JQ St. George UT (EICB-TV East, LLC), along with several other low power stations, has been granted permission to be sold to The Edge Spectrum, Inc. The application for the sale had been filed in April 2017. The sale has been consummated.
- K40KZ St. George UT (EICB-TV East, LLC), along with several other low power stations, has been granted permission to be sold to The Edge Spectrum, Inc. The application for the sale had been filed in April 2017. The sale has been consummated.
Construction permits and Special Temporary Authorizations granted
- K43FO-D Las Vegas NV (Three Angels Broadcast Network, Inc.) has applied for and been granted a construction permit to move to channel 36, its assigned channel in the spectrum auction. The station's new call sign will be K36NE-D.
Construction permits and Special Temporary Authorizations requested
- K18JL-D 25.x Phoenix (Mako Communications, LLC) has applied for a construction permit to maximize its low-power signal. Technical specifications: Ch 18; TL 33° 19' 58" N, 112° 3' 59" W (South Mountain); ERP 15 kW directional; HAAT 458 m.