Arizona TV Station Update - February 2016
Better late than never...
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KTVP-LD 22.x Phoenix (Mako Communications, LLC) has dropped JTV programming from channel 22.6. No programming has replaced JTV; the subchannel is a blank screen, but where the channel description used to show just "22.6", it now shows "KTVP-LP|TBA". Could something be showing up soon? Almavision on channel 22.5 is missing, replaced by a Spanish-language slide from Dish Network informing viewers that due to technical difficulties from Almavision, the channel is not available at the moment, and encouraging viewers to visit the Almavision website to watch their programming.
- K38IZ-D 38.x Phoenix (Spanish Independent Broadcast Network, Inc.) has added a new subchannel, 38.7, which is the new home of Rev'n, formerly on KPHE-LD 44.3.
- KFPB-LD 50.x Globe (Globe LPTV, LLC) began airing Comet TV on channel 50.3, but after less than two weeks, removed it. Three weeks later, it came back, but with such low audio volume, I had to turn the audio up to 100% just to hear it. Two days later, it's gone again.
- KUDF-LD 14.x Tucson (LM Media Group, Inc.) has replaced its For Lease slide with a graphic of a computer desktop. The channel is still not leased out.
- KBLR 39.x (40) Paradise NV (Telemundo Las Vegas License, LLC) is rumored to be adding Cozi TV to channel 39.4 in the near future. The Cozi TV schedule is listed under channel 39.4 in Titan TV but under the call sign KSNV. Telemundo Las Vegas links to the Titan TV listings from their own website. Tip of the hat to RDVegas and CigarTimeRon in Las Vegas for the information.
- KEGS-LD 30.x Las Vegas NV (Mako Communications, LLC) is missing its Almavision programming from channel 30.2, with a slide from Dish network advising viewers of the outage.
Call sign change
- KVMY 21.x (2) Las Vegas (Channel 33, Inc.) has changed its call sign to KHSV, effective March 7.
- KNXV-TV 15.x Phoenix (Scripps Media, Inc.) has been granted a pro forma transfer of license to Scripps Broadcasting LLC.
- KPPX-TV 51.x Tolleson (America 51, LP) consummated its first pro forma restructuring, and was granted permission to proceed with its second pro forma restructuring.
- KAZT-TV 7.x Prescott (KAZT, LLC) has proposed a pro forma restructuring, adding a new company upstream in the ownership hierarchy.
- K24KS-D 15.x Flagstaff (Scripps Media, Inc.) has been granted a pro forma transfer of license to Scripps Broadcasting LLC.
- K30LL-D 15.x Kingman (Scripps Media, Inc.) has been granted a pro forma transfer of license to Scripps Broadcasting LLC.
- K44CN-D 15.x Cottonwood (Scripps Media, Inc.) has been granted a pro forma transfer of license to Scripps Broadcasting LLC.
- K47DJ-D 15.x Prescott (Scripps Media, Inc.) has been granted a pro forma transfer of license to Scripps Broadcasting LLC.
- The FCC has dismissed the applications for transfer of control for the following stations as a result of the decision of Media General shareholders to seek a merger with Nexstar Broadcasting, rather than with Meredith Corporation:
- KPHO-TV 5.x (17) Phoenix
- KTVK 3.x (24) Phoenix
- K11LC-D 3.x Prescott
- K14NA-D 3.x Globe/Miami
- K15HY Williams/Ash Fork
- K25MG-D 3.x Flagstaff
- K27KS-D 5.x Globe/Miami
- K30JD-D 5.x Prescott
- K38AI-D 3.x Cottonwood
- K40AD-D 5.x Cottonwood
- K50HU-D 5.x Flagstaff
- KVVU-TV 5.x (9) Las Vegas NV
- K28EU-D 5.x Laughlin NV
Construction permits and STAs granted
- FanVision Entertainment LLC requested and was granted an STA to operate a temporary TV station on channel 49 from March 1 through March 8 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for events surrounding the Kobalt 400, scheduled to be run on March 6.
The following stations have filed for renewal but the licenses have not yet been renewed:
- KBFY-LP 41 Fortuna (Powell Meredith Communications Company)
- KCOS-LP 28 Phoenix (Aracelis Ortiz Corporation)
- KHRR 40.x Tucson (NBC Telemundo License LLC)
- KJPO-LD 49.x Parker (Iglesia Manmin Toda La Creacion USA INC.)
- KRPO-LD 21.x Quartzsite (Jenifer Juarez)
- KTAZ 39.x Phoenix (NBC Telemundo License LLC)
- KZVE-LP 30 Littlefield (Hispanic Christian Community Network, Inc.)
- KMCC 34.x (32) Laughlin NV (Cranston Acquisition, LLC)
- K33MB-D 34.X Laughlin NV (Cranston Acquisition, LLC)
- KVTE-LP 35 Las Vegas NV (Mountain Ridge Holdings, Inc.)
- KBLR 39.x (40) Paradise NV (Telemundo Las Vegas License LLC)
- KSNV 21.x (22) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee, LLC) - formerly KVMY
- KVCW 33.x (29) Las Vegas NV (KUPN Licensee, LLC)
- KMYU 12.x (9) St. George UT (KUTV Licensee, LLC)
- K07SC Hildale UT (KUTV Licensee, LLC)
- K49AS-D 2.x Santa Clara UT (KUTV Licensee, LLC)
- K08PC-D 2.x Hildale UT (KUTV Licensee, LLC)