Arizona TV Station Update - July 2016
As always, questions, additions, comments and corrections welcome.
- KAET 8.x Phoenix (Arizona Board of Regents for ASU) has dropped channel 8.5. No programming had ever appeared on the subchannel.
- KVOA 4.x (23) Tucson and translator K04QP-D 4.x Casas Adobes (KVOA Communications LLC) have launched Escape on channel 4.3, giving the diginet two outlets in the Old Pueblo, airing on four stations.
- K38IZ-D Phoenix (Spanish Independent Broadcasting Network) has switched from Tuff TV to Action TV on channel 38.2, due to Tuff TV terminating its distribution agreement with Luken Communications. Action TV is Luken's male-focused channel and still features programming from Gun TV overnights.
- KPHE-LD 44.x (16) Phoenix (Lotus TV of Phoenix LLC) is now airing Ideal Living infomercials dubbed into Spanish on channel 44.6. Locally-based TV Real has disappeared after another short-lived run on a pay-for-play LPTV station. The electronic programming guide reads "New Programming Soon".
- KFPB-LD 50.x Phoenix (Globe LPTV LLC) has updated its Electronic Programming Guide to accurately reflect its subchannel content.
- KHMP-LD 18.x Las Vegas NV (DNV Spectrum Holdings LLC) dropped Tuff TV in favor of Action TV on channel 18.2, then reinstated Tuff TV once the latter's distribution network was up and running. A new shopping channel has debuted on channel 18.4.
- KGNG-LD 47.x (48) Las Vegas NV (King Kong Broadcasting LLC) has supplemented programming on channel 47.5 with Ebru TV in the evenings, and temporarily replaced Buzzr TV on channel 47.2 with MBC-D, perhaps in anticipation of adding MBC-D for good on channel 47.9, made possible by a new and improved encoder. Buzzr TV later returned to channel 47.2.
- KPVT-LD 2.x (27) Las Vegas NV (DNV Spectrum Holdings LLC) has added an unidentified shopping network on 2.4.
Construction permits and STAs granted
- KPPX-TV 51.x Tolleson (America 51, LP) applied for was granted a construction permit to change its physical RF channel assignment, opening up a guard band between TV and wireless frequencies in the Phoenix metro area on channel 51. Technical specifications: Ch 31; TL 33° 20' 03" N, 112° 03' 40" W (South Mtn.); ERP 645 kW non-directional (1° electrical beam tilt); HAAT 548 m.
- KPPX-TV 51.x Tolleson (America 51, LP) requested and was granted an STA to install and operate a side mount standby antenna for use while the channel 31 antenna is being installed and tested. Technical specifications: Ch 51; TL 33° 20' 03" N, 112° 03' 40" W (South Mtn.); ERP 45.7 kW non-directional; HAAT 524 m.
- KPPX-TV 51.x Tolleson (America 51, LP) has requested a 90-day extension to consummate its pro forma transfers of control, claiming that setting up the transfer of 60 stations in 34 states has been complex and time-consuming, plus some personnel has been diverted to evaluate and pursue opportunities presented by the FCC incentive auction.
- K45CU Shiprock NM (Lin of New Mexico, LLC) is among the translators of KASA-TV 2.x (27) Santa Fe NM that are being spun off to Ramar Communications, Inc., as part of the Nexstar/Media General merger. The station broadcasts from the Chuska Mountains in Arizona and can be seen in Red Valley, Many Farms and other nearby parts of the Navajo Nation. Once consummated, programming will switch from Fox to Telemundo.